CONSERVATION & HERITAGE
WINDOWS & DOORS
Bespoke joinery for conservation projects
Salisbury Joinery has hand-crafted bespoke timber windows and doors for listed buildings and conservation projects for over 40 years. Our considerable expertise comes from working with building contractors on renovation projects across London and the South; from minor replacement work to significant heritage property renovations, including properties of special historical interest.
Finely crafted by our expert joiners from quality timbers, our windows and doors are designed to reproduce the architectural style and character of period properties. Depending on your type of property, project goals and any planning approval consents required we offer two main options:
- Conservation Range – suitable for period properties in conservation areas or new properties that seek to achieve a period look, our Conservation range comes with slimline double glazing and face-applied glazing bars. Our Conservation+ range comes with true solid glazing bars, also on slimline glazing.
- Heritage Range – suitable for listed buildings and properties with planning approval constraints, our Heritage range is hand crafted to closely replicate original joinery allowing for authentic replacement, supplied with single glazing and full glazing bars.
Heritage and Conservation Windows
Our Heritage range includes box sash windows, casement windows, bay windows and picture windows manufactured from a range of quality hardwoods. We offer bespoke period designs to match any architectural era from Victorian, Edwardian and Georgian to Arts and Crafts. Our bespoke service allows for individual tailoring including precision mouldings, external beading, period style ironmongery, single glazing and full glazing bars in a range of designs for authentic replacement.
Our Conservation windows are supplied with 4-6-4 or 4-4-4mm slimline double glazing that has the outward appearance of single glazing but with much improved energy efficiency. Our Conservation+ windows come with full solid glazing bars and help to retain the original character and charm of listed properties.
Doors for conservation properties
Our doors are available in many designs with bespoke of panels and mouldings, boards and glazing to closely replicate the design of original joinery. Heritage Doors are typically 48mm thick with single glazing, full glazing bars and an external timber bead for an authentic appearance. Our Conservation range of doors are available in any traditional design and feature 14mm slimline double glazing with face-applied glazing bars offering high energy efficiency. Our Conservation+ range meanwhile features solid glazing bars on slimline glazing for a truly traditional appearance.
External doors are available with frames, mouldings, fanlights and sidelights in a range of designs. Doors can be supplied primed or factory finished to any RAL colour with a range of period style ironmongery to suit.
Our heritage and conservation range offers:
• Choice of sustainably sourced natural timbers including Sapele, European Oak and Accoya
• Sashes or casements for fitting into existing frames
• Slimline double or single glazing with glazing bars
• External timber bead for an authentic look
• Glazing options including restoration glass
• Draft proofing strips
• Primed or factory finished paint options
• Choice of period style ironmongery
• All joinery supplied quality assured, UKCA marked
• 10 Year Warranty
Conservation Project Support
Our support of conservation projects over many years has given us a thorough understanding of the planning approval process for listed and conservation properties, so whilst planning approval is never certain, we can equip you with everything required to maximise the chances of success. Our support package includes:
• Full technical support
• Site survey to check the required specification
• Detailed CAD drawings, plans and elevations
• Painted factory samples
• Support with gaining planning approval
• Quality joinery hand crafted by experienced joiners
• Highly competitive prices and lead times
For further information and advice, please contact our experienced sales team on 01722 337040.
What is a heritage window?
A heritage window or door is designed to replicate the appearance and functionality of original windows and doors found on properties from past architectural periods. They are often made from wood and they come in a variety of styles, including sash windows, casement windows and bay windows.
As Heritage window and door manufacturers we meticulously study and replicate the proportions of classic designs, ensuring they are in harmony with the architectural style of the property.
Our heritage window and doors combine traditional aesthetics with modern materials and construction techniques, resulting in durable, energy-efficient windows that last for generations.
What are the applications of heritage windows and doors?
Restoration projects – Heritage windows and doors are often used in the restoration of listed buildings, historic properties and properties in conservation areas. Planning consent is normally required when changing the windows and doors on these types of properties.
Replacement Windows - For homeowners seeking to replace old, worn-out windows and doors with better performing alternatives, heritage windows offer a balance of traditional aesthetics and modern performance. In particular modern glazing and weather seals can greatly improve energy efficiency helping to reduce utility costs.
Character New Builds - Heritage windows are also suitable for many new properties built to a traditional design such as Georgian or Victorian, adding elegance and character to the homes exterior.