HERITAGE WINDOWS & DOORS
Bespoke joinery for conservation projects
Salisbury Joinery has hand-crafted bespoke timber windows and doors for listed buildings and conservation projects for over 40 years. Our considerable expertise comes from working with building contractors on renovation projects across London and the South; from minor replacement work to significant heritage property renovations, including properties of special historical interest.
Finely crafted by our expert joiners from quality timbers, our windows and doors are designed to reproduce the architectural style and character of period properties. Depending on your type of property, project goals and any planning approval consents required we offer two main options:
- Heritage Range – suitable for listed buildings and properties with planning approval constraints, our Heritage range is hand crafted to closely replicate original joinery allowing for authentic replacement, supplied with single glazing and full glazing bars.
- Conservation Range – suitable for period properties in conservation areas or new properties that seek to achieve a period look, our Conservation range comes with slimline double glazing and full glazing bars.
Our range includes box sash windows, casement windows, bay windows and picture windows manufactured from a range of quality hardwoods. We offer bespoke period designs to match any architectural era from Victorian, Edwardian and Georgian to Arts and Crafts. Our Heritage range allows for individual tailoring to include precision mouldings, external beading, period style ironmongery, single glazing and full glazing bars in a range of designs for authentic replacement.
Our Conservation windows are supplied with puttied-in 14mm slimline double glazing that has the outward appearance of single glazing but with much improved energy efficiency. This option allows beneficial replacement of windows whilst retaining the character and charm of period designs.
Period Style Doors
Doors from our Heritage range are available in any combination of panels, boards and panes to closely replicate the design of original joinery. Doors are typically 48mm thick with single glazing, full glazing bars and an external timber bead for an authentic appearance. Our Conservation doors are also available in any period style and feature 14mm slimline double glazing for improved energy efficiency.
External doors are available with frames, mouldings, fanlights and sidelights in a range of designs. We also manufacture bespoke internal doors to complete the look. Doors can be supplied primed or factory finished to any RAL colour with a range of period style ironmongery to suit.
Our heritage and conservation range offers:
• Choice of sustainable timbers including Accoya and Sapele
• Sashes or casements for fitting into existing frames
• Slimline double or single glazing with full glazing bars
• External timber bead for an authentic look
• Glazing options including restoration glass
• Draft proofing strips
• Primed or factory finished paint options
• Choice of period style ironmongery
• All joinery supplied quality assured, CE marked
• 10 Year Warranty
Conservation Project Support
Our support of conservation projects over many years has given us a thorough understanding of the planning approval process for listed and conservation properties, so whilst planning approval is never certain, we can equip you with everything required to maximise the chances of success. Our support package includes:
• Full technical support
• Site survey to check the required specification
• Detailed CAD drawings, plans and elevations
• Painted factory samples
• Support with gaining planning approval
• Quality joinery hand crafted by experienced joiners
• Highly competitive prices and lead times
For further information and advice, please contact our experienced sales team on 01722 337040.